Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Quick quick slow

This morning I awoke from my slumber and decided:
Hey! it would be a great day to build a community in the greater Spokane area.
Lucky for me, that is precisely what we did today.
In fact they loaded almost the whole school into buses to go build us some community.
It was almost like making new friends.
In my case, that meant doing some sorting at Goodwill.
You know, learning how to seperate the dalmation figurines from the Chinese acrobatic plate spinners.
But most importantly, it meant no morning classes. hazzah.
Oh, and the bus driver backed into a truck in the parking lot. But he still doesn’t know it.
So overall, solid Community Building Day.

But that’s not all.
Tonight I got to rekindle my love with salsa dancing.
And delicious Mexican food.
All those hours in my basement with my Spanish class learning to merengue and mojito really paid off.
Although, tonight was no comparison to the time my Spanish class friends and I drove two and a half hours to a salsa festival and embarassed ourselves in front of all those pro Dominican salsaers.
That did, indeed, actually happen.

On that note:
Two girls with minimal skills seeking frisbee team.

Keep it Real
Sara Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment