Monday, November 8, 2010

In the Nosebleed Section

The weekend.
The beginning is a good place to start.
Poetry and pie.
Also known as “poe” and “pie” by the more seasoned Whitworthian.
Meaning I just said it.
It’s pretty much what you’d imagine.
Poetry and pie.
This is how we chose to spend our Friday nights.
I heard an ode from my Spanish live lab leader.
The one who likes to recite poetry on top of chairs in the student union instead of doing normal class.
What a champ.
I think it’s safe to say we made the right decision.

Later we teamed up with my friend Alina for some Gilmore girls because as it turns out Alina’s a Gilmore Girls virgin. I know. I didn’t think there were any left either.

Then, the next morning when everybody remembered that it was a stressful week
and they should be getting lots of sleep
or spending every waking moment studying
Alina decided that the best course of action would be to get up early and ride into town for the REI scratch and dent sale.
We went for a backpack but came back with chacos. No harm no foul.

When we got back from that, I went with my lovely Whitworth "family" to downtown Spokanistan. Our mission was two fold. To find better than average quiech and coffee shops for Emily to perform.

A nice man with a Minnesota accent who was standing on the other side of the street offered to take our picture. Or maybe he was from Montana. It’s hard to say.
Unless he was faking it. And he’s not a man at all.

{Kristin, Anna, Cara, Sara, Emily}
I love these girls.

Sunday, the majority of our pod slept through our respective church services. oops.
We had good reasons. Not really, it was daylight savings so we had even more time.

I had the pleasure of mountain biking with this fine company.

I was especially pleased to finally figure out where the river was that my mom and I had seen when I visited Whitworth over a year ago. I had convinced myself they moved it.

Alina and I decided it would be a good idea to climb this tree.
Little did we know that the boys would take off when we were climbing back down.
Not really. They were sitting on the road when we left without them.  Right where we left them.
Color us embarassed.

Then later, Tyrone Wells melted our hearts.
T.G.F.F.C.A.W.U. Thank God for free concerts at Whitworth University.
That’s my motto
On a scale of one to ten, we couldn’t have been more excited

Sometimes in life, I wish I would shower before meeting Tyrone Wells.

This is my roommate and I.



Aren’t we the most darling set of roommates?
It would be hard to say.
There are probably a lot of other darling sets of roommates
that we haven’t met before.

Anyway, I could never add up all the laughter, priceless moments, music videos, European bread blah blah blah of this weekend.
And smoosh them into one blog post.
But I tried anyway.

Dare I say the best weekend of college so far?
It’s conceivable.

Keep it Real
Sara Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment