Thursday, November 4, 2010

I left my heart and burnt my socks.

This fall break instead of going home,
I put on my hiking duds and embarked on a Mount Saint Helens adventure.
We decided to backpack along the Lewis River because we hear it’s pretty rad.
As it turns out, it’s pretty rad.

Here are the participants.

{Melissa, Jeff, Holly, Niki, Chloe, Rylie, Liam, Sara, Sam, Hannah, Rachel}




Sneaky Rachel took my picture when I was sleeping.

I kept trying to cuddle with her in the night.
At one point I was almost completely on top of her snuggled up by her mat.
I had completely forgotten about the incident
until she brought it up over oatmeal in the morning.
It all came flooding back.

In our down time we talked about our morbid pet stories and made weaponry.
This is Rachel making a knife with a knife.

YOU HAVE A BETTER WAY?!

On Halloween night, we dressed up as backpackers and explored some spooky caves.




A special thanks to Jeff Poddmayer. He showed us the best Halloween ever until next year.


Once we got back on the road we were able to enjoy some real Oregon scenery.
A picture could never do it justice but I took one anyway.
Really in the end, we just went crazy.

On one final note:
-windmill farms are great.

Keep it Real
Sara Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment