Saturday, November 20, 2010

geometrical pancakes

Well let’s be honest with ourselves.
The Harry Potter fever has hit Spokane. hit it bad.
If don’t think I can take one more reference to Dumbledore. Whoever that is.
The thing is, it’s a lost cause.

You see, it all started in second grade. My teacher, Mrs. Kirk was going to read us the first chapter of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone after recess. But on that particular day, Jacob Pearson hit me on the head with a hockey stick at PE. I didn’t want to miss anything important when I came back the next day and any day after that. So as I would have it, I proceeded to deliberately not pay attention to any of the rest of the book. True Story

As it turns out right now, everyone else is in hibernation watching 15 hour marathons
in preparation for
Harry Potter VII: Part 1.

And hey there, there's nothing wrong with that. But I had a better way to spend my day.




This is one of my favorite spots in Spokane. It's a cluster of family farms with tons of apple and pumpkin orchards. Alina and I went for a bike ride here today while the rest of the world went into Harry Hibernation.

but
wait
there’s
more.

Right as I was typing that.
My roommate, Cara came up with this great idea called renting all the harry potter movies and proceeding to watch them until we go home for Thanksgiving.
Yep, that’s 902 minutes of cinematography in 3 days.
I guess I was a poser all along because I somehow agreed.
So we quick scooted off to blockbuster: north spokane.

I guess we weren’t the only ones with idea because they were fresh out of Harry. Potter that is.
It was an evening of mourning.
haha evening of mourning.
Oh well, it will all come out in the wash.
Really though, all that dosage of Harry Potter is far too much work at this point.
One wack in the nose, and you are screwed for life.

Anyway, as I was saying
Since the wife and I had both been gone all day at our respective activities.
We chose a bonding activity of equal or greater value.
It’s called taking before, during and after shots as we rearrange our room.

before.


during.



And at some point during the “during” we are sure that our roommates appreciated the vaccuuming and singing to Pink at 2 in the morning. whoopsie doopsie.
as they say in pod 304.

after.





I mean we could have been on hour 5 of Harry Potter by now, but
I think we made the right decision.
And really, we won’t be doing any more arranging for three more weeks. probably.

Keep it Real
Sara Nicole

p.s. The other night was Mexican food night at saga. Needless to say, if my life depended on stealing a sombrerro I’d be dead right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment