Sunday, March 4, 2012

Falta la palta.

Sometimes no matter hard you fight it, things slip through the Spanish cracks. I can't tell you how many blank stares I have had the pleasure of receiving. If I had a nickel.

Like apparently the Chilean student that's been living in our house for the last two days.
Me: So where are you living for the next semester?
Nicholas: Here. In this house. In the room next to yours.

Or how I've been asked by three different family members and friends about the depression I apparently have. I still have no idea why.

Or: I've had too much sangría. I meant watermelon.

I usually resort to one of my go to's like talking about fútbol or laughing at the dog, who, let's be honest, is not all that funny.

My arms are so drug store. I meant sunburned.

ohhhhh boy.


Nos Vemos.

Keep it Real
Smo.

2 comments:

  1. Haha Sara I've totally done the Watermelon/Sangria mistake too! I think the worse one though is embarazada...definitely does NOT mean embarrassed haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara,
    I am so glad that you are truly learning Spanish the way it was meant to be learned. I've always said that you have an impeccable voice that is worthy of such titles as eyeglass model, tennis playing protestant, and lover of pies (with no in appropriation intended). It tickles my unworthy soul that the Chileans get to experience the broken nuance of your Spanish.
    -The Golfing Catholic

    ReplyDelete